Here are some ideas to help reach your spending threshold.
Pay Your Taxes
• Pay your federal estimated or past balance due taxes for an exceptionally low 1.85% fee. Note that payment via Paypal may be required if your card type is rejected.
• A $6,000 estimated federal tax payment incurs a fee of about $111. However, if aiming to complete the Ink Business Unlimited spending threshold, you’ll earn 84,000 Chase points (75K signup bonus + 9K points for spending), valued at least $840 cash back or up to $1,260 towards travel if you have the Sapphire reserve card.
• If you overpaid your taxes, you can request a refund when filing taxes.
Pay Your Tuition
• If possible to pay tuition without fees, it’s a no-brainer. Even with fees, it can make sense if you won’t hit the spend threshold otherwise.
Pay Your Utility Bills and Insurance
• Some companies allow prepayment on a credit card with flat fees, providing an excellent way to earn miles and meet a spend threshold.
Pay Your Bills via Paypal
• Enroll in Paypal to pay bills that don’t normally accept credit cards.
Pay Your Rent, Mortgage, or Other Bills
• Use Plastiq to pay bills like rent or mortgage with a 2.9% fee. Note that Visa and AMEX can’t be used for mortgage payments.
Send Money for Purchases via Paypal
• While sending money to friends may not generate miles, marking payments as “goods” can earn miles with a fee of about 2.9%.
Load Up Your Amazon Account
• Instantly load funds onto your Amazon account to reach a spend threshold.
Buy Gift Cards for Future Use
• The Ink Cash card earns 5 points per dollar on various gift cards from office supply websites and stores, helping meet a spend threshold.
Negotiate to Pay for Part of a Car with Your Card
• After negotiating for a bottom-line price, inquire if you can put a few thousand dollars on your card without additional fees.
Give to Tzedaka (Charity)
• Donate to your favorite organization through Paypal giving fund, you won’t have any processing fees and earn bonus points for meeting the spend threshold. Example, Donors Fund.
If You Have an Ink Cash Card
• Purchase Mastercard or Visa gift cards from office supply stores to earn 5 points per dollar and donate those to charity, earning an additional 5 points per dollar spent on top of the signup bonus.
Prepay or Load Your Local Grocery Store Account:
• Prepaying or loading funds into your grocery store account can be particularly beneficial if your card offers bonuses or higher rewards per dollar spent on grocery purchases.